Updated 2 Apr 2020
Why is branding important for any business?
A brand is a name, term, sign, symbol or design or a combination of these that identify and represent a seller/s regardless of good or service sold. A brand allows a business to differentiate itself from its competitors. Furthermore, a brand is a seller's promise to deliver to customers to a certain standard (e.g. features, services, benefits, quality).
Articulating your brand involves investing time and energy in defining the brand attributes, benefits, values and personality. The challenge of branding is to develop a deep set of meanings for the brand. Once articulated, the next key step is to define the brand strategy i.e. how, what, where, when and to whom you plan on communicating and delivering on your brand messages.
A key component of your branding strategy is to promote your brand into the marketplace.
So how do you do it? Do it the BRAND way.
1. B - Develop a bold statement about your brand. Be proud and forward looking. Be different from your competitors. This could be your tagline.
2. R - Be real and authentic about your brand message. In other words, believe and do in what you say in all your dealings. Deliver on your promise.
3. A - Develop an association with your brand. What are the basic tenets of your brand? What do you believe your brand e.g honesty, integrity, professionalism etc.
4. N - How do you generate awareness of your brand name? First, develop an elegant and effective website that integrates with your logo, key messages, tagline and service offering. A captivating website draws the attention of prospective buyers. Next, design and develop templates for all internal and external marketing material to promote brand consistency (i.e. business cards, letterheads, flyers). Use the same colour scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout to ensure consistency. Once your business is ready to hit the open market, spread the word. There are so many platform these days to promote a brand. The most common one are Facebook Ads, Facebook Pages, Youtube, Google Ads, Linkedin, radio, billboards, TV, flyers etc. Choose the platform that works best for your business and develop a plan on how to use them effectively. Digital marketing (Facebook Ads & Google Ads) is fast replacing traditional methods such as radio, prints and TV. Digital marketing is very effective compared to traditional advertising as it allows greater control over the audience, spend, message, location, time, placements, devices and demographics.
5. D - Have distinctiveness about your brand. Create a great company logo that stands out from the crowd. Integrate your logo in all your business dealings.
In closing, the BRAND method is simple and clear. It offers a framework to follow. Spend time articulating and documenting each part as it will help you establish your brand story.
At Valles Digital Marketing, we are certified and experienced in digital marketing. We take pride is what we do and always strive do the best for our clients, i.e. fast lead generation and effective return on ad spend. If you'd like to talk to us this blog or would like us to help you with your digital marketing efforts, feel free to drop us a line by using the form on our website. We'll endeavour to revert back as soon as possible.
For the visually impaired, here is an audio version of this blog.
#branddesign #brand #digitalmarketing #logo